Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

I always fall the hardest for OOP fabrics

And to make it worse, this time my daughter fell with me. I've never seen her so excited about fabric.

I'm refering to the adorable Pam Kitty Morning line, and the crucial, but all sold out kitty panel. My daughter saw it while I was looking at her blog and the hunt was on. Nothing on etsy, some jerk on ebay wanted about $150 for one panel & 17 fat eights! That calculates out to about $50 a yard and I'm disgusted by the greed of it. I wouldn't have fed into that greed even if I'd had it. A general google search produced no panels at all. I clicked on the link on her blog and searched every store she had listed there. None of the ones with online shopping had it. The next day, phone in hand, I called every quilt shop she had listed that did not have online shopping, and wham!


I'm now the proud owner of not one, but two, Pam Kitty Morning panels!! Bought at the very reasonable price of $8.25 each. The name of the very friendly, helpful, and fair quilt shop is Heavenly Patchwork, but I'll go ahead & tell you - I did get their last 2 panels.

They should really re-print this line. It's only been out since last fall and it's obviously very popular. For good reason!


The next step, of course, was to find coordinatings. I went back thru the shops with online shopping and just chose the one with the largest selection. These were bought from Strawberry Patches in Bakersfield, CA. This quilt shop was also very helpful and friendly.


They were willing to cut fat quarters for $3 each, and I got a yard of that super sweet stripe for the binding.


I'm so very happy we didn't miss this boat, before the fabric was truly gone.

Enough fabric buying for me!! But here's my advice on that front - the only way to not buy fabric, is to not look at fabric. If you start looking at it, you end up with some every time.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable fabric. I am with you 100% on the not looking at fabric thing, I can't help but buy when I am supposed to be just looking!

    ReplyDelete