Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tetris 3

An ETSY customer commissioned me to make a tetris quilt top for her mother-in-law a couple of months ago, which somehow I never posted on here. So this one is Tetris 2. (Tetris 1 being the one I made a year ago for my step-daughter.)


As soon as she saw it, she ordered another one for her husband. Apparently they are hardcore Tetris fans. She is going to quilt both tops herself. So this is Tetris 3. I always rearrange the pieces, so no two Tetris quilts are just alike:


Can you see my mistake? I just this moment, as I was uploading this photo, saw it. Guess I'm not quite done after all...


How in the world did I miss that?

Coincidentally, one of my recent purchases was this seam ripper:


Called Seam Fix. The big white end pulls the thread pieces out of your fabric after you've ripped out a seam. Pretty handy thing.

But back to Tetris, my friend Mandy always says the piece at the top makes her physically nervous because she wants to grab the controller & fix it before it falls:)


And as soon as I get this one fixed, I'll be starting on yet another Tetris commissioned quilt. This one with some slight color changes. I can think of worse ways to be busy. The various piles of laundry in the other room are but one example.

Hope you had a great Easter and are having a wonderful weekend. My daughter and I joined a huge worship service (about 15,000 attended) held in a park downtown. The weather was perfect, the music was wonderful, and I fully enjoyed just spreading out on a quilt, enjoying it all.


After which we had a nice ham dinner & some egg hunts.

Ok, one more picture - one of the items in my daughter's basket was a mask of a cat. Little did I know what perfect timing that gift was since she had just lost her second front tooth:


How adorable is that?

5 comments:

  1. Your tetris quilts are great! That one piece makes me want to grab the controller, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the tetris quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tetris quilts are wonderful. Think I've pinned one of yours before. Such a great boy quilt! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete