Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bible Cover #2

Apparently the success with my first Bible cover was a fluke. Because my 2nd one turned out hideous.


Look at all those rumpled, jagged edges. I couldn't deliver that.

So I gave up on the idea of being able to do it without binding the edges. Trying to sew & turn that neatly was just too much for me.


I also didn't like the color or the chunkiness of the cross. Having worked on this more hours than a queen-sized quilt already, I just left it off completely.

This one has neat edges everywhere, and was soooo much easier.


If you ever have a mind to make one yourself, just go with the bound edges. And also, cut into the seam allowance a bit at the corners when attaching your zipper. Makes those turns go much more smoothly.

One more to go, but I'm not dreading near as much since making the design change.

No comments:

Post a Comment