Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A pillow for me

I made myself a pillow.



I had a quilt planned using these fabrics, but I made a math error & cut a bunch of strips just a smidgen too small. I will proceed with the quilt - I just haven't gotten around to buying more fabric yet - mainly because I can't remember if that tan color is sand or tan or what. 

In the meantime, I decided to use some of those too small strips for a throw pillow for my living room. These little blue flowers are one of my favorite prints. 



And I loved the way my double hourglass quilt came together - much easier block than it looks. 



The back is just strips of the tan & floral: 


I decided to play around with the fancy stitches on my machine.



Meh. 

But overall, a very fun and satisfying project. I can't wait to do more. My daughter has requested 2 pink, one orange & 2 blue. She was that specific even when she was 2. You should have seen the nightmare of trying to find a mermaid costume that she could walk in that had a realistic enough looking fin for her. I thought I was going to have to cancel Halloween that year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment