Still warm from the dryer, here's the finished quilt for Athena:
Do you remember my proclamation last fall, the one where I swore I would never quilt a quilt in concentric squares again? My exact words were: "I will not squeeze, push, pull, tug a quilt of any size thru the throat of my machine 2 complete turn per square EVER AGAIN." Well, I did squeeze, push, pull, and tug plenty on this, but it was circles rather than squares. Not sure why I thought that would make a difference.
I tried repeatedly to come up with any other design, but those flowers just wanted circles around them. They just wouldn't have it any other way. And then I got the idea of more circles in the negative space creating those orange peel-like shapes around the flowers. So, turn the quilt we did. 50 times. I think I was in too much of a rush to notice how unpleasant it was.
I bound it with leftover fabrics from the front. I just picked the ones that went the best with the colors on the back.
I really like everything about this quilt, and I can easily see me doing another one someday. Just not in 2 weeks:)
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts for her Finish it Friday series.