I'm basically piddling in the sewing department, not wanting to do anything serious until my new machine gets here. I had basted the double hourglass, with hopes of quilting it this week, but when I tried I started experiencing tension issues again. So I'm not working on anything important until I get my new machine. Which should be Friday. UPS promises me Friday. I feel sorry for them if they're wrong.
In the meantime, I made some more of the granny squares, but not out of new fabrics, so they's no point in even showing them, and I've been working on this stripe quilt some. Here's the fabric I worked with today:
I mention in my first post about these that they were easier than expected, and that is so true. This intimidated me to start, but it hasn't been hard at all.
It's true some don't line up well at all:
These will most probably not make it to the final quilt, but the vast majority line up very well, even in the tiny little centers:
This quilt has been very fun to work on and it's really nice to have a project to pull out whenever I want to with no sense of urgency to finish.