Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

So many mistakes, so little time

It never ceases to amaze me just how many unique mistakes you can make in quilting.

I seem determined to make every one of them.

I was desperately trying to rush thru some chain piecing yesterday on the last minute Christmas gift I planned and my thread kept breaking. I re-threaded my machine multiple times with no improvement and had about come to the conclusion that I'd gotten a bad spool of thread when I noticed this:



"This" being the little bar that I'm supposed to slide back over the bobbin casing after I take it out to clean underneath. I'm amazed I was able to sew at all, and I'm sure it wasn't good for my machine that I was doing so.

After putting it back in place:




Things went much more smoothly.

I do have a flimsy of the Christmas gift and hope to baste it this afternoon when I get my paid work done. Unfortunately, my daughter and I both have colds. And I'm having to work extra during the week in order to take this weekend off. And I haven't finished my baking or my shopping. Or started my wrapping. It's going to be a crazy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment