Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

After getting the blocks separated, all quilting plans have come to a screetching halt as my daughter contracted some kind of stomach virus. Why those things always hit in the middle of the night is beyond me, but I put my healthy daughter to bed at regular time only to be woken up at 1:30 am by her saying 'mommy, I think I threw up on my bed.' I'll save you the details, but suffice it to say it took me 30 minutes just to get her & her bed cleaned up. Luckily, she missed the quilt completely:)

My daughter also has this thing where if she's woken in the middle of the night, she's awake for hours, so despite the anti-nausea medicine that's supposed to have the desired side effect of sleepiness, we were awake until 4:30 am.

I don't think I've recovered yet from that sleep deprivation.

It did give me a chance to try out the frog quilt as I snuggled with her for about an hour in a vain attempt at helping her drift off. If you've never backed a quilt with flannel before, you need to do so now - on the very quilt you're working on. The slight extra weight felt wonderful as did the softness. It was just the best quilt I've ever laid under!

So, on my plate now are the pink & blue blocks to be made into separate baby quilts, a double hourglass, and a string X quilt. Should be enough, wouldn't you think? But I got these wonderful fabrics from my friend Mandy for Christmas:



And I just keep wondering what to do with them. All but the cat print lends itself to fairly small pieces, so I've been looking at this pattern this morning & thinking it might be just the ticket. I've gotten out my Kona card (also a gift from Mandy) and picked out Snow as the background and Peony & Bluebell as the sashing colors.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing instead of working this morning. I'm blaming the lack of focus on what should be my priority on the lack of sleep. I have to say, this morning is a perfect example of why I love working from home on my own schedule rather than someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment