Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

There is something to learn on every quilt



And for this one, it is to only buy fabric you LOVE.

When my step-daughter was a teenager, clothes shopping was not a quick endeavor. I'm sure it isn't for most teenagers. I was uncharacteristically patient with this. I remember telling her one time that life was too short to wear ugly clothes.

Well, it's too short to sew on ugly fabric either. Even if that fabric was priced low enough to be considered stealing.

I'll finish it someday, but in the meantime, THIS is what I'm talking about.



I have no idea what caused me to do a search for it on Etsy last night. Other than the fact that I've been drooling over this line for months now. But I ran across this listing last night & knew it was meant to be. I never would have brought myself to buy a whole fat quarter bundle, and a charm pack just wouldn't have done it, but this little scrap package, especially at this little price, is exactly what I need.

If I've estimated correctly, I'll have enough to make this stunning quilt in a size to fit my bed.

You may officially consider my double hourglass quilt a UFO. Carry on.

1 comment:

  1. I love your motto and outlook on fabric! LOL I tell myself I'm 40+ years old...I don't have to use ugly fabric just because it was free or gifted to me! Keep on, keeping on!

    ReplyDelete