Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My first commission

I went out to lunch with a friend the other day and she admired my grab bag. So I made her one.



The only direction she would give me is burgundy. So I used Crimson Kona and found a small print floral using that color on a tan background. She intended to use this as a purse, so I went with a solid for the exterior.


Except since she's my friend and all, and since I've been wanting to try one for a while, and since I had some scraps left...


Yup, that's my first wallet sticking out of there, and I'm very proud.


It has 2 interior pockets, plus card slots


and a change pocket on the back


When I make a wallet again, I'll use interfacing on both the interior & exterior fabrics, but other than that, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. I just read several tutorials and picked what I wanted from each, so there's not a certain tutorial I can point you to for this pattern.

I was very happy to give this to her today.



And she was so happy to get it that she commissioned me to make 4 more for her to give as gifts! Sweet!

Edited to add: Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Pieceful Life

3 comments:

  1. What a handy little grab bag. And really nice looking wallet as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! And now to make more : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little bag, and a wallet too? Lucky friend! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete