I've started a table topper
What you see represents the center of it and it has sort of a round-the-world border. I was browsing through Keepsake Quilting's web-site the other day & bought one of their scrap packs on a whim. The fabric is very traditional, and not designer quality, but it's great for a fun little project like this.
Crazy Mom Quilts is having another quilt along during the month of May for small projects. Coincidentally, I have a multitude of small projects planned for the next few weeks.
1. This table topper
2. a holder for my Nook, based off this tutorial.
3. A couple of thread catchers, one for me and one for my friend Mandy, from this tutorial.
4. A couple of pin cushions of my own design with a crocheted base.
5. Two wraps, one for me and one for my daughter, for our seatbelts to keep them from irritating our necks.
5. A couple of grab bags from this tutorial.
6. Some burp cloths/bibs/diaper changing mats/etc to match the yellow bug quilt I made a while back.
I still need to decide on borders for Strawberry Patch, and I'm of course still working on handquilting the Double Hourglass quilt, but I'm not in a hurry on either of those. I really don't see me getting all of this completed in one little 'ole month, what with a full-time job and all, but it will be fun trying:)