I finished 12 granny square shirt blocks:
This project is taking longer than I expected, but it's always on the back burner.
I made one of the smaller-than-I-expected, very adorable thread catchers.
Mine, of course. I'll get to Mandy's someday.
But the majority of the time has been spent making the grab bags. These have been great fun.
I made 2 of these using the batting suggested in the pattern:
They're cute. Love the size of this bag - so perfect for a portable project when a tote bag is too big. Love the way they close - just everything about them. Except that batting. I just didn't like how soft and smooshy it was.
So I tried out some pretty stiff interfacing:
And of course, the fabrics are much cuter.
I may need to go with a lighter weight interfacing next time, but I do like the crisp, sturdy feel of it much better.
My only sewing goal for the rest of the week is getting Strawberry Patch basted. Have a good week!