Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Non-quilting thought

Quilting, alas, is only my hobby. My day-time, and sometimes night-time job is a graphic designer. I work from home which has it's ups and downs. Oddly enough, those ups are sometimes the same thing as the downs.

For example, I've always hated the morning rush to make myself look like something, gather up everything I'm going to need for the day, and commute to an office. So most mornings, as I waddle into my office, I'm very thankful that I don't have to get a shower & go thru all that before I can start working. But now, here it is after 2 in the afternoon, and I'm thinking how lucky those work out the house type people are for being guaranteed a shower before work.

Another example is that I can have my daughter home with me while I work. She's 4. I don't have to explain that sometimes that is not a good thing.

The plus of being here sometimes means I can unload a dishwasher or start a load of laundry. Other times it means I'm sitting here, surrounded by my own mess, but unable to do anything about it because I have too much work to do.

No point. Just rambling.

1 comment:

  1. yep....
    been there...done that...
    ah well....minus the 4 year old though...
    xo
    happy quilting..
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete