Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

The twins are done.

Finished the pink one up last night.



It has the same backing as the blue.


Both of these quilts turned out very nice. While I hate, hate, hated all the turns & stops of the quilting, I'm so very glad that I did it this way. I love how the echo quilting accents the pattern.



This is makes 3 kaleidescopes I've made, and I just love the pattern more every time I make it.

In the 'what I learned' department, if I ever do appliqued octagons, or probably any shape, again, I will allow for more than 1/4" seam allowance. I originally thought my best plan of attack was to cut the octagons out of the fabric, cut 1/2" smaller octagons out of freezer paper & use the freezer paper to help me iron under the seam allowance crisply and neatly. By the time the fabric wrapped around the freezer paper, it was much smaller than 1/4" and I ended up abandoning that method all together. That was the trickiest part of this quilt.



I know I shouldn't care, but I do hope these go to twins. Don't you think they belong together? They are both in my shop now - the pink one here & the blue one here.

Now I'm ready to start my daughter's latest quilt. The red didn't make the cut. More for the fact that it was darker than the other colors than for whether it could stand to be next to pink. I'll get that cut out sometime this weekend, and hopefully it will be a quick piecing and assembling. Isn't that what we always hope at the beginning of a quilt?

I'm linking this up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I love kaleidoscopes, I need to add one to my to-do list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look great! And the backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am in awe. If I had twins I would snag them both.

    ReplyDelete